Thursday, January 3, 2013

Inspiration- Something I Love

I am the oldest of the four children in my family.   I have two brother who are 14 and 3 and a little sister who is almost 6.  Something that I love is being an older sister.  I've always wanted an older sister, but since I don't have one I try to make up for it by being the best older sister that I can be.

This is my brother, Carl.  He is loud and annoying and I often ask my mother why I wasn't good enough and she felt the need to have another child.  However, he can be really funny (when his jokes and offensive, but hilarious comments aren't directed at me).  He's also someone that goes through the same stuff that I do, someone who exchanges glances with me in church when the pastor says something creepy, and someone who is reckless but brave enough to climb up in a tree that my grandfather was about to cut down.  One of my favorite things is when he comes downstairs and asks me if his tie looks good with his shirt or asks me about girls.  I know that despite how much he yells at me, I am someone that he looks up to.

This is my little sister.  I was eleven when she was born and I loved having a little sister.  She's like little doll that I can dress up and put makeup on.  She always asks me to do her hair and makeup.  She loves pink and often wears outfits that consist of many shades of it.  She tries to be just like me (she wears mismatched socks and puts her ponytail on the side of her head).  For christmas I got her a little field hockey stick so she could at least try to play like I do.  I recently found out that she is self-conscious about her two front teeth.  I talked to her and told her that her teeth would grow in and be perfect and that all she had to do was remember to brush every night.  Seeing her believe me and gain confidence in herself was awesome.  I love all of my siblings and I often say that I was born to be an older sister.  It is something that I love to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment