Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Poster Project

    For this project, our assignment was to create a poster that catered to a client's preferences.  We had to follow certain guidelines and take criticism on our work.  I really enjoyed this project because it was representative of the type of work a photographer or artist might have to do to make a living.
    I chose to make a poster advertising the school drama, William Shakespeare's Twelfth Night.  I saw the play when I was 10 and have watched She's the Man (a popular movie based on the play) many, many times.

                                                                                                                                  logankrum.wordpress.com 
Some of Amanda's best work
   The themes for this project were nautical, Greek island, and light blue.  I used my personal knowledge of the plot 
the play and decided to create a silhouette of a man and woman's face back to back as the centerpiece of my poster. 
I created this by shooting the side of two of my classmates' faces and darkening them with photoshop.  
    In order to keep with my nautical theme, I placed them in the center of a giant anchor, which I manipulated the 
color and texture of on photoshop.  I finished by making everything blue and nautical-y, to encompass the theme 
that the director wished to advertise.  






1 comment: